Wednesday, January 21, 2009

How safe is Jayanagar?

How safe is Jayanagar?

HERE IS HOW THE RESIDENTS OF JAYANAGAR AND THE CELEBRITIES RESPONDED TO THIS QUESTION





Police patrolling is less. When we had a meeting with Commissioner Bidari, we requested him to increase the personnel, but that has not been done. Women go to temples alone and come back late and there is no protection. We have fear but we have to live too. We cannot stay locked up in a house.
D M Narayan
Treasurer, Federation of Jayanagar Residents association




Bangalore is is a crime city. Veterans are att a c k e d , sometimes for petty money. I was a laidback person and I used to feel Jayanagar is safe. Now, we do not what is going to happen tomorrow. It is not safe anymore. I have taken all the precautionary measures I can take for my house. All of us are vulnerable.
Dr Dwarakanath
general physician




Every person wants to make quick money now and they are ready to go to any extent. But unless it happens to us, we never realise that we too are vulnerable. I have told my wife not to open the door to any stranger even if they take my name. I want my family and me to be safe and I am taking all the measures.
D Muniraju
resident




T h e y ( v i c t i m s ) were good human beings. We would talk to them e v e r y d a y and they were such nice people. Did not think anything like this could happen here too. Now, we are quite apprehensive about our own security. Our grandfather also lives with us and that scares us the most.
Usha
neighbour




I knew them from many years and they were such nice people. I did not foresee this and we are all quite shocked here. We may be the next targets and we do not know whom to trust and whom not to trust. Nobody is trustworthy here.
Shivaprasad
neighbour



Bangalore is no longer safe. These things can happen to anybody. On a personal basis, I carry a pepper spray, but I keep in touch with my family whenever I am out.
Ramya,
actress




I guess we are not safe anywhere. Murders are for motives, at least that is what we have seen here. We should be more responsible. Today, we don’t even know who our neighbours are. Authorities should also take strict measures and intensify patrolling.
Arundathi Nag
theatre personality




It is really shocking. I am disturbed by such shocking incidents. It is really unexpected from an area like Jayanagar because it is considered to be the safest area.
Tara
actress




T h i s kind of incident is not expected. It is really scary. We need good administration, but I am optimistic that the government will definitely take care that such incidents will not happen again
Ramesh Arvind
actor-director




Bangalore is safe. Unless some strong steps are taken by the police, the crime rate will go up. Right now, even if an accused is arrested, he will come out on bail soon. We feel safe and will not take any precautionary measures unless some calamity hits us personally.
Dinesh Baboo
director

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home