Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Corporator-elect eyes 'best ward' award

Corporator-elect eyes 'best ward' award

Divyashree Murthy and Nandini BP



"I have many wonderful plans for my ward. I want to make it the most modern and trouble-free ward," says N Nagaraju, the corporator-elect of Byrasandra ward.
Developing sports in schools and colleges also on the card, he says. A new skating rink is being planned at corporation ground in Madhavan Park.
Besides synthetic tracks, he wants rest rooms and changing rooms with star facilities for players. As for civic amenities, he wants regular checks on street lights, sanitary pipe connections and drainage.
"I have a set of people who will go rounds in the morning and inform me if there are any problems," he says.
He also has plans to set up solar windmills and solar lights. By doing this, he wants to educate the people about conserving energy.
For the betterment of the less privileged residents in the ward, especially women, the corporator plans to start tailoring and computer classes , a creche and school for the children in the ward.
"They will be taken on annual excursion. I plan to get a world class library in my ward. I've also requested the Palike for arranging some seats exclusively for senior citizens at the Jayanagar shopping complex," says he.
He also wants more policemen to strengthen the security in Byrasandra and Tilaknagar. "Night patrolling ought to be increased, " he says.
His big dream is to fetch for Byrasandra the Best Ward in Bangalore Award within the next five years. -

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home