Sunday, May 24, 2009

Thank God, Coffee House is back

Thank God, Coffee House is back

Cafe gets a new home and look at Church Street

Bhargavi Kerur & A Veeramani. Bangalore



Bangalore Central's fav cafe is back. Yes, the chicory-less coffee of India Coffee House has returned, this time in the backyard of MG Road.
The cafe, which closed its MG Road operations due to leasing issues on April 5, has found a new lease of life at Brigade Garden Towers, on Church Street. It's now a 40-seater with 25-strong staff. And it has aircon.
The outfit, which only served coffee on Saturday, will have a fuller menu Monday. R Shivakumar was delighted to hear the news: "I was going crazy without the feel of coffee every morning. I'm happy my routine is back," said the realtor, who loves Coffee House's time-tested bread-toast, scrambled egg and sandwich.
Deepak Batavia, secretary of Brigade Towers, is simply excited. "I did many business dealings here over a cup of coffee. I'm glad the cafe has re-opened…. I have got back my life."
Employees are thrilled too. Says a radiant VM Peter John, who has worked with the cafe for 25 years: "As I set the last cup of coffee on the table on that fateful day (April 5), I could not hold back my tears. The fear of losing the job depressed me. Today, when I served the first coffee, I could not hold back my tears. For, I am back to the place I love the most."
Says Chinnappa A, who has served the cafe as a waiter for 32 long years: "I did not drink coffee during the time the cafe was closed. Do you know why? I drink coffee only from Coffee House. I had four cups of coffee today and it feels great to taste the same coffee of 32 years."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home