Sunday, November 26, 2006

Bunty aur Babli on Bangalore roads

Bunty aur Babli on Bangalore roads
Deccan Herald

Many men folks’ heads hang in shame; others prefer to be tightlipped about their terrible experience but some dared to open up even though they refused to give a written complaint to police.

It’s the latest con job in town. Sexy temptresses thumb rides in flashy cars and rip off men who have been gullible enough to bite the bait.

Many men folks’ heads hang in shame; others prefer to be tightlipped about their terrible experience but some dared to open up even though they refused to give a written complaint to police.

Deccan Herald caught up with some middle-aged men who became poorer after a moment of weakness. Some of them even saw their laptops vanishing right in front of their eyes.


Arun (name changed), a realtor, was furious while narrating his week-end evening escapade.

“On a Saturday evening, I happened to come across a well-endowed girl on Lavelle Road. I stopped the car; she coyly got into it and initially behaved like a goody goody girl and let me do the talking. I got carried away and offered to take her on a long drive. We snacked at a joint on the outer ring road and when I tried to make advances, she refused but held my hand saying: ‘not this time, drop me back near M G Road’, and promised to meet me another time.

Midway, she took my cell phone and while pretending to play games she browsed the numbers. When the time came to drop her, she refused to get out of the car and threatened me that she was going to scream and create a scene if I didn’t part with my wallet. I was simply shocked.”

When Arun resisted and decided to call the police, she said: “Come let’s go. I have your residence and office numbers. I too know how to pin you down.”

Fearing ugly consequences, Arun said he struck a deal. She asked for Rs 15,000 and settled for Rs 12,000. The poor guy had to tap his ATM.

Another friend of Arun, a techie, too, shared a similar experience. In his case, when he refused to part with cash, she walked away with his laptop.

Police say most of these con girls have good communication skills and play on the male psyche. They also seem to get a kick out of it, bored as they are with the drudgery of BPO and new economy jobs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home