Friday, April 03, 2009

Non-Kannadigas, a harassed lot

Non-Kannadigas, a harassed lot

Rohith BR. Bangalore

Prasanjit Banerjee said that he has found that it is non-Kannadigas like him who are being harassed a lot at the VFCs.
"The Mahadevapura belt is dominated my non-Kannadigas population. Many people here are from the northern or eastern part of the country who are not too familiar with the local administrative procedures," he said.
He added that touts target them and demand money by saying that they would get them voter ID cards immediately and they need not stand in long lines under hot sun.
Banerjee continued and said that every time he visited the VFC he had to deal with a different official. "I had to narrate my experience to each official and every time they would tell me to come after few days. But each visit ended on the same note, as my name was never registered," he said.
The techie added that the officials at VFC are indirectly denying voting franchise for a bonafide citizen of India and resident of Bangalore. "The entire process that the VFC officials are following is a non-transparent one, causing a lot of inconvenience to the local citizens," he said.

1 Comments:

At Saturday, November 21, 2009 at 11:45:00 PM GMT+5:30, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is not surprising at all.
The anti-kannadiga syndrome is actually becoming so serious that I have decided to stop employing kannadgas in retaliation. My way of getting back and I am enjoying doing that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home