Thursday, January 01, 2009

‘Green Bangalore, clean Bangalore’

‘Green Bangalore, clean Bangalore’ Bangaloreans are keen that the city’s glory is restored and enthusiastic about doing their bit

What's your New Year resolution which will help restore Bangalore's glory?
Make Bangalore green
We must keep alive Bangalore’s live and let live policy. Respect each and everyone without any biases. Each one should plant a sapling to restore Bangalore’s green city image. I JAGADEESH KALMATH
My New-Year resolution is to plant more trees in my vicinity which will improve its environment. Secondly, I’ll honk less while driving to lessen sound pollution. I PRAKASH P V
I’ll protect greenery and prevent pollution, and create awareness about civic sense to the younger generation and newcomers to Bangalore. I’ll interact with the BBMP health department to keep the city clean. As far as possible, I’ll use public transport and avoid private transport which will help decongest traffic. I M N KESARI
New-Year resolutions are normally made only to be broken later. But this year, my resolution is for keeps. Green Bangalore, clean Bangalore is my slogan for the city. I will help restore the city’s green cover which was once its pride but is now getting depleted rapidly in the name of urbanization. We should collectively strive to give back to the city its old sobriquet — the air-conditioned city. With the water-table level in and around Bangalore going down alarmingly, the city may soon face severe water crunch. I will conserve water by preventing its wastage. I USHA G RAO
I shall give personal attention to keeping my street and surrounding areas clean and free of all civic problems since charity should begin at home. Secondly, to safeguard the greenery of the city, I’ll plant tree saplings and ensure all my friends and those known to me do the same. I P A SUKUMARAN
I resolve to plant more trees to ensure Bangalore get its greenery and its carbon dioxide levels are lowered. I will help differently abled people as well as senior citizens to cross the road safely near zebra crossings. I’ll request youngsters not to smoke in public places. I R GURU RAO
My resolution is to plant as many trees as possible in many public places to restore the glory of our garden city. I JOSIAH
Follow traffic rules
Educate on overtaking from the right while driving, and to respect each other. I ROHIT
In the New Year, I will follow all the traffic rules and request all my friends to follow the same. I won’t honk near educational institutions and hospitals or near offices and residences. I RAVI K SURI
Use public transport
One of my New-Year resolutions is to avoid pollution. I have stopped using my car and twowheeler on a regular basis and have begun using public transport (mostly BMTC buses) every day. We use the car only for family outings. I SANGEETHA NARAYANASWAMY
I will try to follow traffic rules and try to use public transport for short distances. I VIA SMS
Be a good citizen
We must keep our surroundings clean. The crimes are more in Bangalore for which we must have good contact with our neighbours and cooperate with the police department. We must follow the rules strictly to avoid corruption. I VIMALA KESARI
I will try to educate as many people as I can because education is a must for all. I RIYA

I want the city to be clean. In the coming year, I will not throw garbage anywhere and also urge my friends to do it.
RAKSHAMBIKAI,
23, research student


I want people to maintain discipline and follow traffic rules and regulations. This year, I will strictly follow the rules even if I’m in a hurry. I stay in Whitefield and I have to travel a lot. So, if everyone followed traffic rules, then life will be much easier. AMRITA MADHUSUDAN, 23, PhD student


To blame stray dogs for those unfortunate incidents is not the solution. Instead of killing and blaming them, I want people to adopt them because all living beings need care and love. I am planning to adopt one and I hope my decision will influence others too. Also, I want Bangaloreans to stick together and fight terrorism. MADHUR SONIKA, 17, commerce student


The deadline for clubs, pubs and discos should be extended and all public places should get proper security. Ministers represent the common man who elect them. They get high-level security but we are the deprived ones. So, by speaking out, I hope they hear my voice and do something about it. KAUSHAL BHOOTE, 17, 2nd PUC student


I want the city to be more free and safe. Many women get molested which affects the city’s night life. I want to reach out to the authorities concerned and make them understand that youngters enjoy having a night life. So, it should not be banned and they should provide better security for women. GANESH NARAYANA, 18, PUC student


I want the city to maintain cleanliness because Bangalore is known as the garden city. I want to take the initiative this year to keep the city clean.
NIKITA COLACO, 17, commerce student


I want the city to look cleaner and aesthetically appealing. I want to spread the message of keeping our city clean and green and growing more trees among my family and friends. SHILPA B, 18, engineering student


We are getting more corrupt because we get our work done through bribes. What we don’t understand is that this makes it difficult for those who can’t afford to bribe people. This new year, I resolve to not offer bribes to anyone. NADA JEHAD, 20, commerce student


Let live bands play in the city because all the amateur bands are struggling due to the ban. I want to encourage them. They work hard in their profession. I request the government to allow them to play at least in pubs.
KESHAV LADDHA, 17, student


CELEBSPEAK


Many infrastructure-related development took place in 2008. Bangalore got an international airport, the roads were expanded and many other developments took place. In 2009, I want the focus to be on environ-mental, ecological and aesthetic matters. Bangalore is known as the Garden City. Hence, I’m taking an initiative to plant trees this year. If we cut one tree, we should grow three more trees. It’s greenery which will make Banga-lore complete, creative and powerful.
Chetan, ACTOR


I want to show initiative instead of depending on others. Every time we ask the police and other govt bodies for help, it makes us dependent. Being a responsible citizen, this year, I will start being vigilant and more responsible.
Ramya ACTRESS


I would like to do my best to decrease pollution and control traffic in the city. I will try to use my car less. I also request others to car pool to reduce pollution.
Prajwal Devaraj ACTOR


STAKEHOLDERSPEAK


The prime focus in the coming year from my side is to look after the problems relating to cleanliness in the city, the condition of roads, orderly construction of buildings, controlling stray dogs, maintenance of parks and gardens and improving the education system of the city. Bangalore is and will always be a glorious city.
S Subramanya, COMMISSIONER, BBMP


We aim to professionalize Bangalore police and make them fit and ready for every situation and ensure that with a fit force crime decreases and security of the public increases. I have a big project on hand for 2009. The whole plan is to professionalize the police.
Shankar Bidari, POLICE COMMISSIONER


During the next year, Bescom aims to provide reliable and quality power for Bangalore’s residents. The power will be supplied at economical rates and we expect the supply to meet all the consumers’ demands. Tushar Girinath, MD, BESCOM


The foundation stone for the eight flyovers and underpasses from Central Silk Board Junction till Hebbal will be laid by Januaryend. We hope to complete all the 1,554 development works worth Rs 623 crore in newly-added areas by June 2009. Some have been already tendered. Another 700 works will be tendered by January-end. We will be working on lake projects and new layouts.’’ H Siddaiah, BDA COMMISSIONER

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home