The Bangalore Blog: Boom or Doom? Tracking India's Silicon City's growth pangs.
Tuesday, August 10, 2004
Search this Site
Point to Ponder
What do you call a congenial, captivating, cosmopolitan confluence of software and shopping malls, electronics and environment friendliness, salubrious climate and
cleanliness, modern outlook and old worldliness, precision engineering and pubs? You call it India's best city for business. It is also called Bangalore.
Opening lines of Business Today's survey on India's best cities for business, December 1998.
Does Bangalore resemble any of this today?
Thought for the Times
"We neglect our cities at our peril. For, in neglecting them, we neglect the nation."
-John F. Kennedy
- Bruhat Bangalore Mahanagara Palike
- Bangalore Development Authority
- Bangalore Metropolitan Region Development Authority
- Bangalore Metropolitan Land Transport Authority
- Bangalore Agenda Task Force
- Bangalore Police
- Bangalore Electric Supply Company
- Bangalore Water Supply and Sewerage Board
- Bangalore Telecom
- Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Company
- Bangalore One
- Bangalore IT
- Bangalore Bio
- Bangalore International Airport Limited
- Bengaluru International Airport
- Bangalore International Airport Area Planning Authority
- Bangalore Metro
- Bangalore Traffic Improvement Project
- Bangalore Traffic Information System
- Bangalore Lakes
- Agenda for Bangalore Infrastructure Development
- Bangalore Aviation
- Ideas For Governance
- eGovernments Foundation
- Public Affairs Centre
- Environment Support Group
- Trees for Free
- Bengaluru Vedike
- Bengaluru Habba
This blog primarily aggregates news content related to Bangalore from multiple public sources apart from sporadic original writing. The sources of such aggregated content are duly credited. All copyright rests with their original authors and owners and the blog makes no claim to the same.
- ORR ignores resident's safety
- Film industry brings traffic to a halt
- CM meets BATF and IT CEOs today
- Bloom and Gloom
- Film Stars demand protection for Kannada film indu...
- Minister suggests corpus fund for city's infrastru...
- Expressway to reduce Mysore journey to 75 minutes
- Mega plans for Kempegowda Bus Stand
- Metro to take off by January?
- Outer Ring Road runs into problems