Thursday, May 28, 2009

Multiplex audi in cinders

Multiplex audi in cinders

Bangalore: A movie auditorium at Innovative Multiplex, in Marathalli, was gutted in a major fire accident early on Wednesday.
Around 2.45 am, a security personnel saw smoke coming out of the first auditorium, ‘screen one’ of the multiplex, which has four screens. There were 25 to 30 workers, including security personnel, at the complex and fire force personnel were called immediately.
Nine fire tenders were pressed into service and after two hours, the fire was doused. The entire auditorium, including the cushioned chairs, several electrical items and movie hall ceiling were completely gutted.
Though ‘screen one’ was gutted, the projector room and three other screens were not affected.
The cause could be short circuit, said an official of Innovative Multiplex.
“The fire was first spotted by a security person and a staffer in the projector room, who called the fire force,’’ said the official.
The official stated that they are still evaluating the losses, and by Thursday, the estimate might be complete.
He ascertained that it could be well over Rs 1 crore. He added that it was too early to predict when the auditorium will be reopened.
DCP (South-East) B N S Reddy rushed to the spot immediately after the fire broke out. A case was registered at HAL police station.
“Though it has been said the fire was due to short circuit, the exact reason is yet to be ascertained. We are investigating and will know once Bescom, FSL and fire force personnel submit their reports,’’ added Reddy.


Post a Comment

<< Home